Glistening water below lush mountains, dotted with parks frame the Okanagan's largest and liveliest population centre; Kelowna. Okanagan Lake is the perfect place to sail, kayak, or relax on the beach. Rolling greens offer world class golfing, minutes away from spectacular hiking and biking trails. In the winter enjoy ski resorts and skating rinks right at your fingertips. Decorated with heritage buildings and modern architecture, Kelowna offers something for everyone with orchards, vineyards and all the amenities of a major centre. From restaurants, and shops, to art galleries, live music and theatre, this city has it all. Come and experience our four seasons playground and see why life is better here.
Bring your clinical expertise and passion for providing quality, compassionate care to a challenging and rewarding role as a Family Practitioner at our clinic. Be part of a cohesive team of clinicians who each have their own unique role and scope in the provision of patient care. You’ll work together to ensure that the patient’s urgent needs are met in the most effective way possible.
We currently have an opening for a Family Practitioner to join our expert team of professionals. Our team consists of Family Practitioners (FPs), Nurse Practitioners (NP’s), registered nurses (RNs), social orkers (SWs), physiotherapists (PTs) and Medical Office Assistants who each contribute to safe, trauma informed team based care. This position is flexible and is a group contract. Hours of UPCC are 1630-2100 M-F and 1100-2100 Weekends and holidays.
• Accountability for the comprehensive assessment of patients/clients/residents including diagnosing diseases, disorders, and conditions is key to this role.
• The ability to initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribe medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits, and conditions, and provide client care and follow up based on the client’s needs, urgency and best practices.
• The opportunity to practice autonomously and interdependently within the context of an interdisciplinary health care team, while providing professional mentorship to other health professionals.
• Collaborating with patients/clients/residents and other health providers to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for patients/clients/residents, families and communities.
• Participating in peer review and self-review to evaluate the outcome of services at the patient/client/resident, community and population level.
Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have:
• Current practicing registration CPSBC, CCFP, CMPA insurance
• Relevant, clinical primary care emergency experience an asset.
Professional/Technical capabilities will include:
• Your clinical knowledge and real passion for providing quality, culturally safe, compassionate care to motivate and inspire others.
• Strong skills in communication and collaboration with patients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis.
This clinic uses a Med-Access EMR system.
The West Kelowna Urgent Primary Care Centre (UPCC) is a partnership between the Ministry of Health, Interior Health and the Division of Family Practice. It operates M-F 1630-2100 and 1100-2100 weekends and holidays for same day urgent and episodic care.
Please contact UPCC Manager, Jamie.Duteil@interiorhealth.ca for further details
** This job posting is for a position covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order.
Doctorate in Medicine
Certificant of College of Family Physicians of Canada (CCFP)
Full licensure with CPSBC; Coverage with the Canadian Medical Protective Association is mandatory
Hours of work:
On call requirements:
Estimated Gross Income