Lush vineyards boarded by Okanagan Lake and a dormant volcano create the panoramic backdrop for life in West Kelowna. Enjoy a farm-to-table way of life, coupled with an array of urban amenities for shopping and dining. The Sqilxw Fist Nations People have called this area home for centuries and pass their rich history down from generation to generation, beautifully weaving their culture throughout the community in art, signs and symbols. West Kelowna is the perfect locale to take advantage of activities in any season. In the summer, sample sandy beaches, golf courses, scenic hikes and wineries. Revel in the winter powder with down-hill and cross country skiing or snowshoeing. West Kelowna holds something for everyone.
Flexible work schedules.
Provisional licenses will be considered.
Bring your clinical expertise and passion for providing quality, compassionate care to a challenging and rewarding role as a Family Practitioner at our clinic. Be part of a cohesive team of clinicians who each have their own unique role and scope in the provision of patient care. You’ll work together to ensure that the patient’s urgent needs are met in the most effective way possible.
We currently have an opening for a Family Practitioner to join our expert team of professionals. Our team consists of Family Practitioners (FPs), Nurse Practitioners (NP’s), registered nurses (RNs), social workers (SWs), physiotherapists (PTs) and Medical Office Assistants who each contribute to safe, trauma informed team based care. This position is flexible and is a group contract. Hours of UPCC are 1630-2100 M-F and 1100-2100 Weekends and holidays.
• Accountability for the comprehensive assessment of patients/clients/residents including diagnosing diseases, disorders, and conditions is key to this role.
• The ability to initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribe medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits, and conditions, and provide client care and follow up based on the client’s needs, urgency and best practices.
• The opportunity to practice autonomously and interdependently within the context of an interdisciplinary health care team, while providing professional mentorship to other health professionals.
• Collaborating with patients/clients/residents and other health providers to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for patients/clients/residents, families and communities.
• Participating in peer review and self-review to evaluate the outcome of services at the patient/client/resident, community and population level.
Are you motivated to join us? We will be looking for you to have:
• Current practicing registration CPSBC, CCFP, CMPA insurance
• Relevant, clinical primary care emergency experience an asset.
Professional/Technical capabilities will include:
• Your clinical knowledge and real passion for providing quality, culturally safe, compassionate care to motivate and inspire others.
• Strong skills in communication and collaboration with patients and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis.
This clinic uses a Med-Access EMR system.
The West Kelowna Urgent Primary Care Centre (UPCC) is a partnership between the Ministry of Health, Interior Health and the Division of Family Practice. It operates M-F 1630-2100 and 1100-2100 weekends and holidays for same day urgent and episodic care.
Please contact UPCC Manager, Jamie.Duteil@interiorhealth.ca for further details
Eligible for The College of Family Physicians of Canada Cert. (CCFP)
Eligible for licensure with CPSBC
Canadian Medical Protective Association (CPMA) mandator
Hours of work:
On call requirements:
No call required
Estimated Gross Income
Kelowna General Hospital:
Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) is one of two tertiary hospitals within Interior Health and is the region’s main referral centre offering a full range of services with approximately 400 beds and over 84,000 ED visits yearly. Kelowna General Hospital is home to the Interior Heart & Surgical Centre (IHSC) which opened in 2015 and is BC’s only cardiac critical care centre outside of Victoria and the Lower Mainland. IHSC is Kelowna General Hospital’s principal surgical site and features 12 specialized Operating Rooms created for Thoracic, Urology, Neurosurgery, Vascular, Plastics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Ears Nose and Throat, Orthopedics, General and Trauma surgeries with 2 ORs dedicated to Cardiac Surgery. Our state of the art Centennial Building boasts a total of 360,000 square feet, an expanded emergency and ambulatory care department, new medical inpatient units, modern operating rooms and a rooftop helipad. Within the Interior Heart & Surgical Centre, KGH has a modern maternity ward and adjacent Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. KGH has a dedicated pediatric ward, as well as, adolescent and adult psychiatry units. Enhanced laboratory and clinical departments are found in the new Dr. Walter Anderson Building. KGH is also a teaching centre for the Southern Medical Program affiliated with UBC, and has an academic campus that serves as a satellite for the University of British Columbia Medical School. KGH has become one of BC’s leading healthcare centres.