This position may be based in any location within the Interior Health region. For more information please visit 'Our Communities' pages.
Interior Health is recruiting for an exciting medical leadership opportunity as the Medical Director, Non-Invasive Myocardial Infarction Care.
The Medical Director, Non-Invasive Myocardial Infarction Care is a physician administrator and leader who works to achieve a collaborative working relationship between physicians and administration based on the “One IH” culture and its objectives as they relate to the delivery of Myocardial Infarction Care Services.
Carrying out the responsibilities of the Medical Director, Non-Invasive Myocardial Infarction Care requires coordination and consultation with the Program Medical Director, IH Cardiac Program, Medical Director, IH Cardiology, Program Director, IH Cardiac Program, Cardiac Program Operational Leaders, medical staff members, employees and possibly volunteers as an adjunct to the primary responsibility for decision-making in matters of clinical activity and physician related matters.
1. Actively participates and engages with members of the IH Cardiac Program to provide medical input into the day to day management of Myocardial Infarction Care.
2. Actively participates and engages with members of the Kelowna General Hospital (KGH) Department of Cardiac Sciences and IH Cardiac Program as necessary.
3. Provides academic support/consultation as necessary to the Southern UBC Medical School and actively participates and engages in selected research.
4. Works collaboratively with the Manager, Director, Department Heads, COS, EMD and the VP Medicine and Quality in the investigation of medical occurrences, patient complaints and specific clinical occurrences in order to ensure quality patient care is maintained.
5. Participates in local committees such as, but not limited to, Cardiac Program Leadership, Myocardial Infarction Care Quality Committee, KGH Cardiac Operations Committee, mortality and morbidities/ quality review rounds, and other program meetings as required.
6. Represents the health service area and Interior Health where appropriate, in matters related to medical legal matters, relationships with other agencies, professional licensing bodies and regulatory bodies.
7. In collaboration with the Program Medical Director, IH Cardiac Program provides leadership and support for initiatives within Myocardial Infarction Care and with Interior Health in order to provide quality, patient safety and optimum clinical care.
8. Participates in planning activities related to their program and for Interior Health.
9. Assists with the development, implementation and adherence to the physician resource plan, as it relates to Myocardial Infarction Care, in conjunction with the Department Heads, and IH physician recruitment.
10. Supports Site Staff and Cardiologists to ensure physician professionalism.
11. Models professional, respectful behaviour in the work place.
12. As a physician and clinical expert, with the support of IH Senior Administration, obtains the necessary knowledge and training to contribute to the management of Myocardial Infarction Care in the hospital and engages physicians in understanding and helping to execute the management plan related to delivery of Myocardial Infarction Care.
13. Participates in all relevant administrative/operational functions such as budget planning, utilization management, and strategic planning.
14. Identifies, mentors and develops upcoming physician leaders.
15. Supports UBCO, the Southern Medical Program in delivering IH’s academic mandate at the site level.
16. Performs other duties as specified in Schedule A of the contract and established from time to time in annual performance-review meetings with the Program Medical Director, IH Cardiac Program.
Apply today to live, work and play where others only vacation! It's better here! Email CV to email@example.com
** This job posting is for a position covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order
Reports through the Program Medical Director, IH Cardiac Program and in turn is accountable to the Medical Director, IH Cardiology for all quality and physician professional practice issues. Reports to and is accountable to the Program Director, IH Cardiac Program as well as Executive Director, Clinical Operations for all operational issues.
This position requires some fixed (dedicated) and variable (flexible) time to meet program deliverables.
This position is provisional for 1 year and will extend for a 3-year term renewable by mutual agreement between the agency and the individual(s).
• Doctorate in Medicine
• Eligible for licensure with CPSBC
• Medical leadership training and/or experience
Hours of work:
Service level expectations: 0.005 FTE which equates to 0.183 hours per week for 46 weeks per year
On call requirements:
Estimated Gross Income
Competitive – will be based on Medical Leadership experience.